Several weeks ago we announced we were offering to draft California Wills for free to members of our community. We were worried that we would be inundated with requests for the free Wills. But we were wrong. We only received one e-mail accepting our offer to draft a free California Will.
So, we’ve decided to try this again. Albertson & Davidson is pleased to announce it will draft California Wills for free (at no cost) to the first 20 individuals who email us the following information:
- E-mail Requirement: Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Subject Line Requirement: The subject line of the e-mail should state “Free Will”.
- First Come, First Serve to 20: The first 20 e-mails received will get one of the free 20 California Wills. All individuals who e-mail us will be notified whether or not they made it into the top 20 e-mails.
- Contents of Your E-mail: Your e-mail should contain the following information:
- Your full name.
- Your spouse’s full name (if married).
- Your children’s full names (if you have children).
- Your date of birth.
- Your spouse’s date of birth (if married).
- Your children’s date of birth (if you have children).
- Your mailing address.
- Your e-mail address.
- Your website (if you have a website).
- Your occupation.
- Your spouse’s occupation (if married).
- What You Get: We will draft a stand-alone California Will for you and your spouse (if married). We will also draft Durable Powers of Attorney for Health and Assets for you and your spouse (if married). Finally, we will draft a Guardianship Nomination for you and your spouse (if married) designating who you wish to take care of your minor children should something happen to you. We will also advise you on whether you should implement a revocable living trust as part of your plan (the trust is not part of the free services, but our consultation with you on a trust is free). All these services are at no cost to you.
- Reservation of Rights: We reserve the right to decline to draft any documents for any individuals for any reason at any time. For example, if there is a potential or actual conflict of interest that precludes us from representing you, we will decline to draft any documents on your behalf. Of course, there may be other reasons as well why we cannot draft a California Will for you and/or your spouse that will be discussed and disclosed to you on a case by case basis. We also reserve the right to discontinue these free services at any time. This offer is open only to California residents.
Stewart R. Albertson and Keith A. Davidson, attorneys in Riverside, California